Financial help


For Centrelink benefits and allowance
Ph: 13 2490 (youth and student services)

Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs – NSW Office

For information on how to apply for the Emergency Relief
Ph: 1300 653 227

Housing NSW

Provides housing assistance to low- income earners
Ph: 1300 468 746

Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW

For making a complaint about your electricity, gas or water supplier
Ph: 1800 246 545

Energy Information Line – NSW Trade and Investment

For information about the Energy Accounts Payment Assistance scheme (EAPA)
Ph: 1300 136 888

Financial Counsellors’ Association of NSW

Provides a free community service which assists people who are experiencing financial difficulties or who need information relating to credit and debt
Ph: 1800 007 007

Bobby Goldsmith

Provides financial counselling service to people living with HIV/AIDS
Ph: 02 9283 8666 or 1800 651 011 (free call)

Wesley Credit Line

Provides confidential financial counselling
Ph: 1800 808 488

St Vincent De Paul

Provides budget counselling to improve budgeting strategies and develop practical living
Ph: 02 9560 8666